Very-much a Work in Progress
Foundation is a Typescript library (and, optionally, tool-chain) for 2D game development. Library features include:
- Written in Typescript
- Fully customizable game loop
- Flip-book animations
- Inbuilt (image-based) particle system
- SAT-based collision detection (with MTV retrieval)
- Easy-to-use audio management system
- Sprite hierarchies for transformations
- Simplified (and synchronous!) system for interaction handling (keys, mouse, touch)
Tool-chain features include:
- Boilerplate project creation
- Single-command project compilation
- Debug in a stand-alone window (with Chrome developer tools at your disposal)
- Easy project updates for newer versions of Foundation core files
- Single-command build for desktop application targets (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- More build targets (mobile) coming soon.
- Works on Windows, Linux, and OS X
Find Foundation on Bitbucket.
Both Foundation and its documentation are very much a work in progress. Documentation, Tutorials, and Example Projects are currently in development.