The actor responsible for rendering the game scene. This type uses 2D canvas contexts for rendering. A unique canvas context will be created for each layer in the game's layer list.
// Create a default game prefab var game = Foundation.Game.createDefaultPrefab(); // Set the renderer background color game['renderer'].setBackgroundColor(Foundation.Color.black);
This type extends:
update() call will render the current state of the game.
equals check is not overridden from the base.
This type does not implement any interfaces (except those in the base).
- Setter only. Turns image smoothing on / off for all current layers.
- If new layers are added, this will have to be called again to apply the setting.
- Available: 0.7.1+
(layers: OrderedUpdateDictionary<Layer>, camera: Camera, container: HTMLElement)
layers: An OrderedUpdateDictionary of Layer objects to render
camera: The game's camera instance
container: The game's HTML container element
setBackgroundColor(color: Color): void
- Set the background color of the HTML container. Here for convenience, and simple sets the background color css property on the element.
- For more flexibility, set the HTML container's background css manually.
captureFrame(renderT?: CanvasRenderingContext2D, callback?: Function): void
- Used to capture a "screen shot" of the currently rendered frame.
- If a 2D rendering context is passed, it will be used to render the frame. If not, a new canvas element will be created.
- If a callback function is passed, the rendered canvas element will be passed to the callback. If not, a window.open call will be made with the canvas's toDataURL result (This will most likely be blocked by default in a browser--look for blocked notifications).